Recipe Yield: 4
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Fried Rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, reserving 1/4 cup juice
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In small bowl, combine pork and teriyaki sauce; set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix and onion with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 1 cup water, reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice, carrots, pork mixture and Special Seasonings; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and pork is no longer pink inside.
- Stir in pineapple chunks. Cover; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with almonds.