Creamy Skillet Baked Chicken and Rice
Recipe Yield: 4 persons
- 1 RICE-A-RONI Chicken flavor (6.9 oz package)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 tablespoons white cooking wine
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine rice-pasta mix, chicken and margarine in large, oven proof skillet*. Saute until pasta is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Add 2 1/2 cups water, special seasonings, wine and cream of chicken soup. Stir well until soup is blended. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli to skillet. Cover and simmer 10 more minutes or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese over rice, chicken and soup mixture. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered in skillet, in 400°Foven for 10 minutes.
- * To ovenproof a standard skillet, cover handle completely with two layers of aluminum foil.