Creamy Skillet Baked Chicken and Rice
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Time to Table: 40 Minutes Recipe Yield: 4 persons
1 RICE-A-RONI Chicken flavor (6.9 oz package)
2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
3 tablespoons white cooking wine
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine rice-pasta mix, chicken and margarine in large, oven proof skillet*. Saute until pasta is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside.
3. Add 2 1/2 cups water, special seasonings, wine and cream of chicken soup. Stir well until soup is blended. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add broccoli to skillet. Cover and simmer 10 more minutes or until rice is tender.
5. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over rice, chicken and soup mixture. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered in skillet, in 400°Foven for 10 minutes.
6. * To ovenproof a standard skillet, cover handle completely with two layers of aluminum foil.