California Stuffed Green Peppers
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg
- Cut each bell pepper in half lengthwise; remove seeds and stems. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup tomato sauce, rice-vermicelli mix, Special Seasonings, ground beef and egg. Stuff pepper halves evenly with beef mixture.
- In large skillet, arrange pepper halves meat-side down. Pour remaining tomato sauce and 1-1/2 cups water evenly over peppers. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover; simmer 35 minutes or until meat is done and rice is tender. Serve peppers with rem