3 Step Jambalaya
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1 (6.8 oz) pkg. Rice-A-Roni® Spanish Rice
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper, any variety
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can tomatoes, diced, drained
- 2 Tbsp. cajun seasoning
- Hot sauce to taste
- Melt butter in large saucepan over high heat, add rice-vermicelli mix, garlic, onion and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, including rice seasoning and desired sausage amount and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked. Remove from heat and stir. Add hot sauce to taste.