How long can I store a box of Pasta Roni® or Rice-A-Roni?
- Check the Best Before Date on the bottom of the package. For the best flavor and quality, use the product before this date.
What is vermicelli?
- Vermicelli is a type of pasta similar to spaghetti but shorter and thinner.
What is orzo?
- Orzo is small, rice-shaped pasta.
What's the difference between brown rice and white rice?
- Brown rice and white rice (or parboiled rice) are essentially the same -- both types of rice have the same proteins. The difference is that the white rice has been processed and the outer bran has been removed.
Are Rice-A-Roni and Pasta Roni gluten free?
- We understand that individuals sensitive to gluten may have difficulty digesting even trace amounts of gluten. Since so many of our Rice-A-Roni and Pasta Roni products contain grain ingredients that have gluten, we cannot guarantee that any particular product is entirely free of gluten. More specifically, Pasta Roni is not gluten free as it is made from wheat flour. Many Rice-A-Roni products also include wheat flour because they combine pasta such as orzo, vermicelli, etc. with the rice. Even Rice-A-Roni products that do not combine rice and pasta may possibly contain trace amounts of gluten because they are made in the same facility as products that include wheat flour and other grain ingredients.